Sunday, January 14, 2018
Chocolate Coconut Bars (gluten, dairy, grain free!
Mounds Bars used to be my favourite as a child,
but THESE are a true explosion of happiness.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
No cooking needed
3/4 cup / 160 gr coconut oil
1/4 cup / 85 gr coconut butter or coconut cream concentrate
2 tsp / coffeespoons vanilla extract
3 cups / 225 gr shredded coconut
4 oz / 95 gr high quality dark chocolate
1. Place coconut oil & coconut butter in a pan, and melt over low heat.
2. Remove fro heat and add 2 tsp vanilla, whisk to combine.
3. Add the shredded coconut & mix well.
4. Put into a 8x8, square baking pan.
5. Place in fridge.
6. Once the coconut layer is completely chilled and hardened, it is time to melt the chocolate!!
7. Melt chocolate in a bain-marie/double boiler (one pan inside another pan of water). Do not let water boil over into the chocolate pan.
8. As soon as the chocolate is melted, remove it from the heated water. Pour or spoon over the coconut layer. Spreading it as you go. I used a frosting spatula.
9. Place back in the forge for a few hours until firm.
10. Cut into small squares.. it is rich and you can eat way to much!